There are loads of musicians who don't mind others making their recordings available through file-sharing circles.
Most musicians probably. I can name hundreds just off the bat. Or a hundred probably.
Or at least dozens. Well, I can count 'em on my fingers and toes anyway.
Like the guy out of the White Stripes is one. And maybe Lady Gaga. And Neil Young, Eugene Chadbourne, Amanda Palmer, Steve Coleman, er.. Norah Jones . And what about that 12 year old article by Janis Ian on the subject ? She's mad for file-sharing - absolutely loves it..
Many musicians - possibly the same amount as above (possibly not) - download in-print stuff for themselves as well. Some have admitted it!
So I mean, if musicians are downloading in-print stuff AND don't mind their own stuff being made freely available - well, what more is there to say? Case proven I think !
Here is an article with further proof on the issue It's got pie charts and some graphs. These are tremendously authoritative, and tend to convince people of all sorts of things, more often than not.
The public comments at the end of the piece reveal a diversity of views.
It's a pity maybe that such words as "whiny troglodyte" are brought into play, but hey that's internets for ya..
Far more interesting is the new argument made there that musicians suffering "economic damage" are to blame themselves - for making crappy music! This is an exciting new justification for my activities - I may yet make it "Reasons I share in print stuff No. 736"...
No comments:
Post a Comment